Sunday, March 21, 2010

What Would You Do with 1000 Days?

Perhaps you've noted with some passing interest the imminent end of the Mayan calendar. I've recently found myself casually listening in on the doom and gloom around the apocalyptic date, December 21, 2012, said to be the end-date of a 5,125-year-long cycle in the Mayan Long Count calendar. But then that got me thinking, 'What would I do differently in my life if I subscribed to a final day?'

Nonsensical mythology and astrology aside, I resolved that this concept could be a catalyst for making more of each day, and perhaps mustering the courage to try new and courageous things. Perhaps I would find cause for more introspection, or resist procrastination. I imagine there's a great deal of good that could be done in 1000 days.

The flip side of this experiment says I would have cause to be hasty, to become reckless in my thoughts and actions, or to give in to notions of futility. By nature, however, I'm grounded in lifelong religion, and for that I feel drawn more toward an accountability to a higher power.

So then, what would you do if you had a thousand days to live? Post your thoughts to inspire yourself and others to action.

FB
Become a Fan on Facebook